Sunday, September 06, 2009

Sunday Sundae


When Maj Art LaFlamme orders, we listen!

Art, also known as IBOL Guy, says he'd be pleased if those of us "with" could help the "without". We came thru in spades. As close as I can calculate with good numbers, he has received 367 bundles + 150 bundles sold from Sew Mama Sew + 5 from my friends the Serial Quilters + 1 from my Canadian bestie + 1 additional bundle from me. Well over 500 bundles to be distributed to the Iraqi. I'm suitably impressed.

One per CAN make a change.

Then, the man in charge, aka IBOL guy says we need to celebrate with ice cream sundaes. Oh boy! Yeah, I can do that. Dh, dd#2 and I all had a sundae this afternoon. Yum-o.

My dd#1, also in Iraq followed orders from her superiors.
Her battle buddy followed orders too.

Great way to celebrate a fantastic humatarian effort, wouldn't you say?

Lovely photo courtesy of ErikaJean, IBOL supporter extraordinaire!

7 comments:

Erika Jean said...

Thanks for linking back to me... NOT

Nice post though!! Beautiful picture!!

QuiltingFitzy said...

Neener, neener...I WASN'T DONE YET!

Nancy Anne said...

I think the number is going to definitely be north of 1000 boxes when the counting is done. Thanks again for turning me on to IBOL guy - and I did tell him it was your blog where I first heard about him, as you requested! I even wound up being involved with SSP3 for Art. Really good stuff - a way for an individual to reach out and help without having to jump through a lot of hoops. And I made the super sauce to have with my sundae yesterday. Woohoo!!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate the IBOL project!

P.J. said...

Oh my that sundae looks awful good!

Eugen Caitaz said...

OMG!!!! IT'S looks so delicious!! Give me one part of them, please!!!

sundangarana said...

yummmieeeeeeee,..... send me a cup please...lol